Teaching Tree of Life
We are all Tree Tenders!
Those outreach activities always make me wondering how could I deliver the knowledge I learned to the public and also make me realized that how important my work is! Tree of life is beautiful metaphor! It perfectly explains how everything in this enormous tree connected and related. If we can educate the public about the biodiversity and conservation, and how our future depends on it! Then so, ultimately more and more people realize it and will initiatively promote saving the Tree of Life! It’s never too big to do something about it! We all play a part for the greater good!
Here are some photos from the workshops I teaching tree of life and outreach activities I show people how the vegetables and fruits on their diner table are related.
- Biodiversity and the Earth
- Front. Ecol. Evol.: Relative Importance of Ecological, Evolutionary and Anthropogenic Pressures on Extinction Risk in Chinese Angiosperm Genera
- Syst. Biol.: The implications of incongruence between gene tree and species tree topologies for divergence time estimation
- Noise does not equal bias in assessing the evolutionary history of the angiosperm flora of China: A response to Qian (2019)
- Recent accelerated diversification in rosids occurred outside the tropics